Mar 30, 2013

Why I think Leo and Reyna should be together

Warning! May contain Lost Hero, Son of Neptune, Mark of Athena, and Mulan II spoilers!

 There has been a popular pairing circulating the internet lately: Leyna.

 "Leyna?" you say. "How does that even make sense? Leo and Reyna as a couple would NEVER work out!"

 Well, I thought the same thing at first. When I first heard of "Leyna" I thought, "Wait... is that Leo + Reyna? That's ridiculous!" But after reading a little bit of fan fiction (something that I rarely do) and thinking about it rationally (not that love is rational...), it actually made some sense to me.

 Here we have Leo, the jokester. He's serious when he needs to be (usually), but he tends to use a little to much levity at certain times, which is sometimes unappreciated. He hits on every girl, as long as she's way out of his league, and he usually gets turned down. (My question is: HOW?! How could a girl turn down Leo Valdez?)

 Then there's Reyna. Reyna is a strong and respected leader, but she is very much into discipline and strictness, which can make her seem hostile at times. She's one of my favorite characters, but she can come off as a little scary or intimidating at times.

 They couldn't be any more opposite. However, opposites do attract! If you've ever seen Mulan II, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. Mulan and Shang are set to get married, and then Mushu interferes because he doesn't want to lose his position as Mulan's guardian. Mushu uses Mulan and Shang's differences to drive them apart, but in the end, when Mushu admits to be the force driving them apart, Mulan realizes that it's their differences that make them a great couple. As long as no one is out to  force Leo and Reyna apart, their relationship would be a great one!

 I feel like Leo would bring out the softer side of Reyna that we never see, while Reyna would still be an amazing praetor. Reyna would maybe teach Leo a few lessons in discipline.

 I also think that any kind of girlfriend for Leo would be good. He never really had a stable home after his mom died, and having a girlfriend would make him feel like less of an outcast. (I mean, just look at how everyone else on the Argo II is pairing up! Poor Leo is a seventh wheel!) And Reyna might be a bit happier with a guy, especially a guy that can make her laugh. She seems so lonely! It doesn't sound like she has many friends in Camp Jupiter, even if she is well-liked by the campers. Even a best friend for her would be great.

 So, if Leo and Reyna end up in a relationship, great! If they don't, I really hope that they're at least really good friends. In my opinion, they'd be a dream pairing. We'll just have to see what Uncle Rick does! :)

2 comments:

  1. in the HoH it kind of hints it when hes with calypso

    ReplyDelete
  2. i totally ship leyna and ots my otp ( one true pairing in case you don't know ) and yr explanation made me ship it even harder ! thanks !

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts go here...