Mar 8, 2013

Tartarus and Houdini

Warning! May contain Lightning Thief and Mark of Athena spoilers!

 Hey! Again, I apologize for abandoning you. You know, this is getting to be a normal apology... Not good. I need to work on that.

 Anyway, I've just finished re-reading the Lightning Thief for the bazillionth time. (Actually, it was more like the fifth or sixth time, but who's counting?) My mind is filled to the brim with amazing things to post, and those posts should be coming soon. (Notice I said should. I don't want to make any promises. Oh, and the next Percy/Carter fanfic chapter should be posted soon as well.)

 So, where was I? Oh, yeah. Tartarus. I found an interesting passage in TLT when I was reading, and it made me think of Percy and Annabeth's current situation.

 Do you remember the Nereid that looked like Percy's mom whom he met at the bottom of the Mississippi? She talked about how he (Percy) was going to the Underworld, and she mentioned a few demigods who had survived a trip. She first mentioned Hercules and Orpheus, who were both traditional Greek heroes. But, she also mentioned another demigod: Harry Houdini... *pause for dramatic effect* who could escape even the depths of Tartarus. 

 When I read that, my initial reaction was, "THERE IS HOPE!!!!!!!!!"

 This makes me beyond excited. If you don't know who Houdini was, he was an illusionist (magician) and escape artist, his claim to fame being the latter. Even if Percy and Annabeth Houdini, there should still be a way for them to get out, right? Houdini was an escape artist, but that doesn't mean it's unachievable for non-escape artists! 

 We all should remember this passage while we anticipate the release of House of Hades, even if it sounds somewhat doubtful. There must be a way. There is hope!

5 comments:

  1. NYX:"Darn it! I wanted to kill those ungrateful tourists"��

    ReplyDelete
  2. hercules only escaped because he was a son of zeus

    ReplyDelete
  3. This shouldn’t be here it’s not helpful

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts go here...