Hey! I'm just checking in with you for a very special post... My analysis of the second Sea of Monsters trailer!
First, watch it here:
OKAY, now analysis time! It's easier for me if I just make some bullet points here instead of writing in paragraph format. So here goes (I am writing this as I watch the trailer for the fifth time in the last 20 minutes xD):
- Hey, it got a rating! PG! (I actually typed "PJO" instead of "PG" at first, haha.) Not that it matters to me, really. I'd see it anyway if it were rated G or PG-13 or whatever. It's Percy Jackson, for goodness' sake!
- I love how "Anaklusmos" is on the handle of Riptide, and the little trident at the bottom is a nice touch.
- What is all this talk about an annihilation prophecy? Are they talking about the Great Prophecy already? It's kind of early, don't you think?
- I'm not sure how I feel about this new actor for Chiron, but I've only seen a few seconds of his acting, so I don't think I'm in the proper position to give a valid opinion (yet).
- The forcefield physically breaking seems a little dramatic, and the bronze bull looks very frightening, but very awesome. As it should be, of course.
- LUKE! HE'S NOT ACTUALLY DEAD!
- I'm wondering about that shiny green thing in Luke's hand... Maybe it's something he acquired from Kronos?
- From the trailer clips that have been released so far, Dionysus seems much more serious than a god of partying should be. His demeanor is much more... intimidating? Strong? Not laid-back? Hm. But he doesn't look lazy enough to be Dionysus.
- The Chariot of Damnation scene looks amazingly done and totally crazy, as it should be. I guess it could be comparable to the Knight Bus from Harry Potter (with the crazy driver/supernatural vehicle elements), but the words "comparable to Harry Potter" shall not be uttered on this blog, because we all know that never ends well.
- Hermes is literally my favorite character in this trailer. Love him. "Oh no! Not in here! ...Not in here."
- They changed the release date on us! August 7th is the official date now. Mark your calendars!
- No Annabeth, those aren't sharks. Those are Charybdis's teeth. I thought she was supposed to be a Daughter of Athena...?
- Hermes's family line. I see that they kept that in there, which pleases me immensely.
- Thalia!!!! (It actually took me a while to figure out that was her!)
- I'm really confused about the big red scary thing with horns. I have absolutely no idea what that is supposed to be.
- OKAY MOVIE PEOPLE, GIVE TYSON HIS TIME TO SHINE. LET HIM HAVE HIS MOMENT WITH THE COLCHIS BULLS. OKAY? WHY ARE YOU TAKING AWAY TYSON'S MOMENT?
- Speaking of Tyson, in case anyone's wondering, Tyson has two eyes at some points [most likely] because he's in areas with mortals and the Mist is shielding his Cyclops eye.
- When exactly did Riptide become a throwing knife? Sheesh.
Anyways, that's all I'm going to say. I'm not going to proofread this, so if there are typos or anything, you know why. I have some exams to study for, so I'll leave any other analyses to you guys! Feel free to comment and share your opinions and ideas. (I love hearing them!) :)