Jun 22, 2012

The Mark of Athena: What We Know and What I Suspect Will Happen (Summary, Cover Close-ups, and more!)

Warning! May contain Lost Hero and Son of Neptune spoilers!

I CAN'T WAIT FOR MARK OF ATHENA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that I've got that out of my system, here goes.

I just recently discovered that Rick Riordan's site has a summary on it. Yay!! That's more that we can know :D
Annabeth is terrified. Just when she’s about to be reunited with Percy—after six months of being apart, thanks to Hera—it looks like Camp Jupiter is preparing for war. As Annabeth and her friends Jason, Piper, and Leo fly in on the Argo II, she can’t blame the Roman demigods for thinking the ship is a Greek weapon. With its steaming bronze dragon masthead, Leo’s fantastical creation doesn’t appear friendly. Annabeth hopes that the sight of their praetor Jason on deck will reassure the Romans that the visitors from Camp Half-Blood are coming in peace. 
And that’s only one of her worries. In her pocket Annabeth carries a gift from her mother that came with an unnerving demand: Follow the Mark of Athena. Avenge me. Annabeth already feels weighed down by the prophecy that will send seven demigods on a quest to find—and close— the Doors of Death. What more does Athena want from her? 
Annabeth’s biggest fear, though, is that Percy might have changed. What if he’s now attached to Roman ways? Does he still need his old friends? As the daughter of the goddess of war and wisdom, Annabeth knows she was born to be a leader, but never again does she want to be without Seaweed Brain by her side. 
Narrated by four different demigods, The Mark of Athena is an unforgettable journey across land and sea to Rome, where important discoveries, surprising sacrifices, and unspeakable horrors await. Climb aboard the Argo II, if you dare. . . .  (source: http://www.rickriordan.com/my-books/percy-jackson/heroes-of-olympus/The-Mark-of-Athena.aspx) 
Nice, huh? So here's what we know about the book for sure, so far:
  1. There most certainly WILL BE a Percabeth reunion. (eeeeep!)
  2. Nemesis, the goddess of revenge, has something to do with the book.
  3. Nico has an important role.
  4. The Leo/Sammy creepy, looks-like-the-same-person thing will be explained.
  5. The whole series will have 5 books when it's done.
  6. It will have 4 narrators.
  7. Annabeth is one of the narrators.
So there you have it. Seven facts about the Mark of Athena. (see what I did there?) Now, what do I suspect will happen?
  1. There's gonna be some kind of battle between Jason and Percy. (Go Percy!) It could be for anything.... Who leads the quest, who gets to be Praetor with Reyna, a full-on battle between the two camps... I DON'T KNOW! :'(
  2. It seems like Percy's staying loyal to Camp Half-Blood, and Jason's going with Camp Jupiter. 
  3. If the fight between Percy and Jason is a fight between the two camps, there's gonna be some huge trouble between Jason and Piper. And that would NOT be good. What I'm looking forward to is seeing if Jason remembers Reyna at all.
  4. Leo/Sammy. Someone explain this please!!! I have a few hunches about that situation. Leo could be a descendant of Sammy, but wouldn't he NOT look exactly like Sammy? My hunch, the one that I believe is true, is that Sammy chose to be reborn and that's Leo. 
That's really all that I can think of. My mind is just completely filled with a ton of ideas on the subject.. WAY too many to type out. Plus, a bunch of them contradict each other. Oh well, I suppose the only thing that matters in the end is what Mr. Riordan actually wrote.


More on Mark of Athena:

5 comments:

  1. I AM SO FREAKING EXCITED! I'M ABOUT TO EXPLODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope Percy kicks ass! He could trash Jason easily. Remember when Percy first met Thalia? They had an argument and she hit him with lightning so he raised a whole river to smash her- and he was only 12! And Zeus is only "better" than Poseidon coz he drew lucky when they divided the world. Jason slew Krios- Percy slew KRONOS! Jason killed one giant- Percy killed two! He turned down being a god! Jason wouldn't! Buff said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nuff said* and as for the fighting it would be awesome if it was Percy v Jason v Nico di angelo- CAN'T FRICKIN WAIT

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole Leo/Sammy thing...
    Personally, I just assumed that Sammy became reborn, like Luke was going to do. I'm not 100% sure obviously, but I'm pretty sure they are the same person. Maybe Hera had something to do and just wiped his memories and sent him forward in time as a baby, okay not the best theory but possible. Either way,I'm sure we'll find out in like a week. I have a ton more mussings here: http://thesecretbookshelf.blogspot.com/2012/06/mark-of-athena-cover-first-chapter-and.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book! I have been waiting 4eva 4 it 2 come out and now that it did I'm waiting 4 the House of Hades (4th book) :)

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts go here...