Feb 10, 2012

My Mark of Athena Hunches

Warning! May contain Last Olympian, Lost Hero, and Son of Neptune spoilers!

Hey! Sorry I've been neglecting the site lately :(.
But anyway, I have some new hunches for what's going to happen in Mark of Athena.
  • "An oath to keep with a final breath." I predict that that is referring to the oath that Chiron was talking about. He said something about swearing on the River Styx to never talk about the Roman camp. Well, now that is gonna be a little problematic since the camps are joining together. Chiron will be forced to break his oath, and an breaking an oath sworn on the River Styx is punishable by death. :( This makes me sad, because Chiron is cool.
  • Now that the Doors of Death are opened, LUKE might be smart enough to sneak through. I think he would be smart enough to find a way through. He could come back and help everyone fight Gaea. But I'm not sure how that would affect Annabeth and Percy's relationship.
  • Here's what we've all been wondering. HOW THE HECK ARE SAMMY AND LEO THE SAME PERSON? I think I've got it figured out. When Sammy died, he went to Elysium, but chose to be reborn so he could try for the 3 times reborn/Isles of the Blessed thing. So, Sammy, now Leo, looks exactly like he did before, but remembers nothing from his past life (River Lethe, remember?).
  • Then there's the issue of Reyna/Jason/Piper. Hmm.... What will happen? Catfight? LOL, NO, these aren't chick novels and I don't think RR would sink that low. Yeah, maybe Piper and Reyna will have a... Minor Disagreement. Then again, there was that thing with Piper and Drew. I mean, Piper basically claimed Jason! Just imagine her with Reyna! I'm Team Reyson/Jana.
  • Frank/Hazel/Sammy/Leo. Hazel will be broken. Seeing Sammy (or at least someone who looks like him) is just too much for her. It's gonna take her time, but I'm Team Frazel/Hank.
  • Jason/Percy praetor? Really, I think Reyna will vouch for Jason, cause you know, there are subtle references of them dating in the book. I don't think it will matter because they're going to Greece anyway. I believe Jason will respect Percy and Percy will respect Jason. No problems here, so no teams, haha:)
  • I just realized all this "Team" stuff sounds like Twilight (epic fail), but oh well.
  • The prophecy of the seven is obviously about Jason, Piper, Leo, Percy, Frank, Hazel, and Annabeth. (Most likely Annabeth, but you never know. I'm 100% sure about the others)
  • I'd like to share these suggestions written by "Lord Voldemort" (wow...) http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20111006091839AAbo136 I found this through Google and it's genius (mostly). I'm not a fan of his (or her, because this is DEFINITELY not You-Know-Who) Leo/Sammy theories though, although they could be true. I think his/her theory about Luke is a good one, but I don't think Luke would EVER fight on the bad guys' side again. He'd already been through the whole Kronos-fuse-with-your-body thing, and I don't think he would like to go through anything like that again. If Gaea did bring him back, he would probably play along, but later turn on her.
What are your predictions? What "teams" are you? (I'm not really into the whole team thing, but it is a cool idea.)

Like the Fandom Facebook Page!
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Percy-Jackson-Fandom-100-Unofficial/205077182921657

If you have any suggestions for how I can improve the site, a hunch for Mark of Athena or Serpent's Shadow (Kane book 3), or any ideas for post topics, you can contact me through the Facebook page. If you don't have Facebook, tweet me @TheSwiftFactor. If you don't have that, just leave a comment here.

Have a Percy-ful Day!!

2 comments:

  1. i am team piper/jason, and frank/hazel. frank and hazel because sammy doesnt even remember her. and i HOPE there is a catfight. i would laugh hestarically the whole time. *i apologize to all you who have to endore my horrible spelling. :) GOOO percy jackson!!!!!!!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?
      I dont like reyna. Like Leo without Hazel though. BTW, Jason is going to be a jerk to percy and they are going to fight, hence the cover

      Delete

Your thoughts go here...