Jun 11, 2012

Pollux and Castor

Warning! May contain [minor] Battle of the Labyrinth and Mockingjay (from the Hunger Games series) spoilers!

So, I was reading something about the Hunger Games, and I read something about two brothers named Pollux and Castor in Mockingjay. My first thought: How original, Suzanne Collins. (And yes, Rick used the names in the Battle of the Labyrinth [2008] for the sons of Dionysus before she used them in Mockingjay [2010]) But then I kept reading. As it turns out, Castor and Pollux are actually part of traditional Greek mythology. They're associated with the constellation Gemini. They were twins (sound familiar?) and Castor died, but Pollux lived, just like in BotL and Mockingjay

I think that's really cool! What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Cool. Now something on The Hunger Games and Greek mythology. I think Katniss and Prim are daughters of Apollo because Katniss is good at archery and Prim is a healer/runs the little apothacary thing with their mom. Just putting that out there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOES ANYONE KNOW CASTORS AND POLLUX’S LAST NAMES FROM PERCY JACKSON

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts go here...