Apr 29, 2012

Reading Logs and Miracles

Warning! May contain Sea of Monsters spoilers!

I am so incredibly happy. As you know, I love Percy Jackson and anything to do with it, and I love when other people read it. So, I am going to share with you two amazing stories (which you probably don't even care about.... oh well, haha) of people reading Percy Jackson. One is a weird coincidence (well, not really. It was partially planned), and the other is a pure miracle. Read on :)

The weird, not-really-coincidence story:

For literature class in school, we have to do a reading log. We can read any book we want, as long as the teacher approves it. There are at least two people reading the Lightning Thief. My friend is reading the Sea of Monsters (more on that later). I am reading the Titan's Curse. One guy is reading the Battle of the Labyrinth. And Alex (Silena on the FB page) is reading the Last Olympian. How cool is that? At least one person for each book... Amazing!

The miracle story:

So, as I said in the previous story, my friend Jill* is reading the Sea of Monsters for her reading log. Well, you can change "is" to "was". She read the book in a week. A week! Now, what you have to understand about Jill is that she must be the slowest reader on the planet. Books don't normally excite her. It took her a while to read the Lightning Thief, but when she got to the Sea of Monsters, she was speed-reading through that book like there was no tomorrow. She read 7 chapters in a weekend. That is more than a lot for her. This is the girl who took almost two months to read the Hunger Games!

When she finished the book, she ran up to me and said, while bouncing up and down, (spoiler alert!) "THEA'S ALIVE!" I was excited too, and I started bouncing up and down with her. Then I stopped bouncing and said, "Wait... did you say Thea? It's ThALIa!" She didn't care. She just kept jumping up and down, but that's okay. I didn't want to ruin her excitement.

On Friday when my two friends were saying 573 days until Catching Fire, we were saying 333 days until the Sea of Monsters :)


She also hasn't seen the first Percy Jackson movie, and she wondered what Clarisse looked like. I told her that Clarisse wasn't in the first one, but I could show her a picture of who is playing her in the second. I borrowed Alex's Hunger Games magazine and showed her the picture of Glimmer. Jill said, "She's too pretty to be Clarisse!" I agreed with her. But we're still excited for it to come out. :D


*Name in this post was previously Anne (not her real name). She requested that I change it to her real name, because I wasn't "giving her credit." Oh, Jill... :)

2 comments:

  1. 1. Do u say Thalia's name like, THALEA or THALYA? And does it really matter? Jill and I were discussing this.
    2. I LOVE Jill!!! We took 70+ pictures yesterday lol :)
    3. She and I talk about PJO like EVERY DAY now.

    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts go here...