Apr 14, 2013

Washington D.C.

WARNING! May contain Titan's Curse spoilers!

 On Friday, I traveled to Washington D.C. for the day. I visited the National Museum of American History and (very briefly) the National Museum of Natural History. I didn't get a chance to go to the Air and Space Museum, like Percy did in the Titan's Curse. :/ (I know a few people who did, and they said it was really boring...) However, I did find some space food in the gift shop of the history museum! I would have been very prepared if a Nemean Lion would have chosen to attack me and my demigod friends. But I didn't get attacked by any monsters, so YAY!





 I also got pretty close to the Washington Monument, which is an obelisk. I'm pretty sure it made an appearance in the Kane Chronicles, but it's been awhile since I read that, so I'm not quite sure.


 Another thing that I loved about D.C. was all of the amazing architecture (I am a daughter of Athena, you know). A fair bit of it is Greek-inspired. I'm telling you, the Lincoln Memorial looks a LOT like the Parthenon from the outside. They also had a bookstore inside (which I sadly didn't get to explore)!


 I had fun. If you ever get the chance to go to Washington, GO! It's very beautiful and interesting to walk around and explore.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts go here...